Swe-Check has implemented the following initiatives to offset the environmental
impact of our business.
Swe-Check has reduced carbon emissions by reducing lighting, switching equipment off at night and using energy saving applicances.
Reduction in Paper Consumption to save the forests:
1. Extensive utilisation of electronic document storage.
2. Use of electronic faxing & email for communications.
3. Providing product catalogues in electronic format to reduce printed copies.
1. Recycling of office paper, packaging & boxes.
2. Recycling of toner cartridges & printer consumables.
3. Recycling of all e-waste such as old computers & printers.
1. Supporting freight carriers that provide biodegradable freight satchels.
The European Union has legislated several directives focused
on environmental protection with regards to electrical or electronic
equipment sold within is member states.
These directives are known as:
1. Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
2. Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
The overall objective of these 2 directives is to promote re-use and recycling of electrical and electronic products in addition to reducing the amount of hazardous substances they contain. Swe-Check is committed to sourcing products that comply with these directives as they become available.