Circuit Protection Library
This page contains a selection of documents designed to provide detailed product or application information.
• What they are used for and how they work.
• Sample wiring diagrams for a relay.
|Photovoltaic System Protection Overview
• Selecting the right circuit protection products for each stage of a solar power generation system.
|Circuit Protection for Solar Installations
• How solar power is generated and why circuit protection is required for solar panel installations.
|Selecting a Fuse to Protect your Cable
• How to match wire gauge to a fuse based on cable type and ambient temperature.
|Understanding Overcurrent Circuit Protection
• Types of overcurrent and selecting the correct fuse rating.
• How ambient temperature affects fuse rating selection.
|Understanding Resettable Fuses (PTC´s)
• How resettable fuses work.
• Trip current, hold current & thermal de-rating.
|Understanding Thermal Fuses / Thermal Cutoffs
• How a thermal fuse works.
• Explanation of the various temperature specifications.
|Understanding Thermal Circuit Breakers
• How thermal circuit breakers work.
• SAE definitions for automotive Type I, II ,III breakers.
|Ingress Protection (IP) Ratings Chart
• Protection from solids.
• Protection from water.
|Semiconductor Fuse Protection (aR vs gR)
• What is the difference between aR (partial range) and gR (full range) protection?
|IEC Utilisation Category Listing
• For low voltage switchgear and control gear.
|Want to know more?
View all tutorials.